Sunday, March 29, 2009

Well here I am!

Hmmm the world of blogging... well this is something new! I have no idea where to start as I only decided 20 minutes ago that I would like to start a blog after reading someone elses blog on their parenting journey. Well here it goes...

I am a SAHM to a beautiful almost two year old girl and a step-mother to a gorgeous almost three year old girl. It is such a cliche but parenting is the most amazing, chalenging and enjoyable thing that I have ever done! We had a rough start. I came into parenting extremly confident, I knew exactly what was best for my baby. Dont hold too much as you will spoil them, when it is bedtime put them down and allow them to cry themselves to sleep, never co-sleep... All of these words of "wisdom" were learnt from my well-meaning but emotionally distant Mother. Thankfully my inner being started shouting to me that something was wrong here and so I made the best decision I will ever make in my life - I decided to Parent from my Heart! Obvious isnt it! Pity I was too thick to realise it from the start!

So here I am almost two years later! Still breastfeeding, baby-wearing, part-time cosleeping, going TV-free and most important of all... listening to my beautiful girl and answering to all of her emotional needs. I couldn't be happier!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to enjoy following your parenting adventures! Unfortunately I have discovered that if there is a generally accepted 'mainstream' way of doing things, it is best to do the exact opposite! I am reminded that we are living in times where the 'normal has become extreme and the extreme has become normal'. It will be nice to share the parenting journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely first Blog entry! I’m looking forward to following your journey.
    Baby wearing at 2years, which sling are you using? I have a ring sling and just discovered Aden is too heavy for it.
    Welcome to blog world

    ReplyDelete